Civil Service North and Carrick will meet in the final of the Lagan Valley Steels T20 Cup after two pulsating semi-finals.

Batting first CIYMS posted 169 for 5 with Chris Dougherty top scoring with 60, and a hard-hit unbeaten 40 in just 18 balls which included four sixes from Belmont skipper Nigel Jones, while Matthew Foster took three wickets.

The early wickets of Ross Adair, Stuart Thompson and Luke Georgeson looked to have settled the contest, but cometh the hour cometh the man, and a quite brilliant century from home skipper Gary Wilson sealed a remarkable comeback win.

He hit 108 not out from 51 balls – 9 fours and 7 sixes as with 60 needed from five overs, his brutal assault saw CSNI clinch the win with an over to spare.

In the other semi-final, it was another thrilling contest at Carrickfergus, where the home side edged out Lisburn by eight runs in a rain affected match.

Former Glamorgan batsman Jeremy Lawlor’s 78 not out from 45 balls, which included 7 fours and 4 sixes was enough to get him the Man of the Match award.

The Middle Road side made 173 for 4, with runs too for Neil Rock (25), Michael Gilmour (24) and CJ van der Walt (20*).

Matthew Humphreys took the key wickets of Rock and Jacques Snyman, while David Simpson accounted for Gilmour and Iain Parkhill.

Rain meant a revised target of 125 runs in 14 overs, and the dismissal of Faiz Fazal, lbw to Snyman for 33 was a decisive moment.

Snyman went on to claim a further three wickets in four balls, including Lisburn skipper Adam Berry for 39 to all but seal the win.

The final is at The Lawn tomorrow (SUN) at 2pm, and will be live-scored on the site.

In Section One, Derriaghy had a narrow four runs win over Saintfield on DLS,

Half centuries from Aaron Johnston and Jay Hunter helped Cregagh to an emphatic 95-run win at Bangor, while Cliftonville Academy beat Donacloney Mill by five wickets.

Armagh beat Muckamore by 8 wickets in another game affected by DLS, three wickets apiece for Aaron and Matthew Wright, plus an unbeaten 41 for Jamie Rogers, while Templepatrick against Ballymena was abandoned.