While events at Eglinton may have been low-key, they were anything but at Strabane Park where the Sammy Jeffrey final went down to the very last ball after a titanic 200-over battle between Strabane and Glendermott.

The visitors had taken a 26-run lead into the second innings this morning, but Strabane turned the game on its head at the start of Day 2 with some quality batting.

Aaron Gillespie and Kevin Gallagher (25) put on 41 for the first wicket before Gillespie and Rhys Logue then added a superb 119 for the second to completely wipe out the deficit.

The Strabane skipper was run out for 68 (7 fours, 1 six) with the score on 160 and that started a bit of a collapse in the home ranks. Logue followed soon after for 55 (3 fours, 1 six) and although Ryan Gallagher chipped in with 29, the rest of the order fell away.

The Red Caps lost 8 wickets for 53 runs to close on 213-9 with Reece Laird (4-42), and Nauman Anwar (2-35) doing the bulk of the damage.

And where the Bonds Street side would have been expecting to be chasing 240-plus at one point, skipper Alan Johnson was more than happy with a target of 188 for victory.

Anwar of course was key- the Pakistani having scored close to 400 runs by that point in this competition alone, however the hosts were cock-a-hoop when Tom Harpur had him caught behind from the very first ball he faced.

Strabane were huge favourites from there but no-one had told Bob Robinson and Todd Killen who set about posting a patient, but ultimately match-winning century stand for the second wicket.

That pair spent 32 overs together- Killen making 54 from 112 deliveries and Robinson 52 from 107 before Reece Laird added 27 and Steve Moore 21.

Strabane kept taking wickets at key times however- Harpur faring best with 3-35- and Glendermott still needed 12 from the last two overs to win.

Chris Havern was left to defend just 5 from the last and he very nearly did it too. Tylor Moore and Curtis Ross just managed to scramble a single from the final delivery to send the huge travelling support wild with delight.

It was a superb spectacle of a final, played in excellent spirit between two very well matched teams; something that winning skipper Alan Johnson alluded to in his victory speech.